Warehouse Associate – Full Time – SALEM
The Warehouse Associate will support the mission of Feeding America Southwest Virginia by providing direct support in the daily operation of the warehouse including all duties related to shipping, receiving of food, warehouse maintenance, inventory control, food storage safety and distribution of products to agencies. Operate and maintain MHE vehicles according to procedure. Work and support the Operations Team to ensure a good team dynamic and warehouse operations.
If you are interested in this position, please read the full job description then submit your resume using the link below.
Hunger Relief AmeriCorps Member in Salem, Virginia – 2 positions
Service Term Dates: February 1, 2019 – August 27, 2019
Service Term Type & Hours: Approximately 30 hours per week; Noon to 5pm
Equal Heart is recruiting individuals to serve as AmeriCorps Members to reduce community hunger and provide engagement for youth. In exchange for their service, AmeriCorps Members receive a bi-weekly living allowance and an end-of-term education award.
All member’s activities are related to the helping to provide food to clients that are in poverty and facing food insecurity. Specific activities may vary by site and location. Members can expect to do the following:
- Assist with the Child and Adult Care Feeding Program (CACFP) including: delivery of meal orders to after-school feeding locations, conducting site monitors, assisting with administrative paperwork and addressing problems or concerns with site coordinators.
- Assist with data entry, database management, and assisting partner feeding programs with obtaining food to feed clients in poverty.
- Work with our Culinary Arts Training program, which trains low income individuals culinary arts skills for employability, to provide recruitment, professional skill development, and connection with local employers. The member will work with another local non-profit to learn how to provide professional skill development to students that need additional skills to obtain and maintain employment in a culinary position that will provide a living wage to the student and their families.
- Work with the Programs Team and other Food Bank teams, as needed, to achieve our mission of feeding the hungry in Southwest Virginia.
- All members are expected to be able to lift boxes and containers weighing up to 50 pounds.
This is a seasonal position from February 1, 2019 through August 27, 2019.
If you are interested in this position please read the full job description, then submit your resume using the link below.
Important: Select “Apply for all National Positions” and then Feeding America Southwest Virginia.