Hunger Free Community-AmeriCorps VISTA in Salem, Virginia
The Alliance to End Hunger is seeking one full-time AmeriCorps VISTA member to work with the Hunger Free Community coalitions in Salem, Virginia to implement anti-hunger strategies. VISTA members support community leaders in identifying food-resource barriers and developing comprehensive end hunger plans.
The Hunger Free Community-AmeriCorps VISTA will be responsible for:
- Working with community members to develop and enhance collaborations between governmental agencies, community-based organizations and other community stakeholders (faith-based, business, etc.).
- Completing community assessments/mapping to identify community institutions/assets to be included in anti-hunger goals.
- Enhancing public/private partnerships by identifying potential organizations to recruit to anti-hunger work.
- Identifying barriers to food resources and producing a report of findings.
- Creating a community-wide “end hunger” plan with the input of partner organizations as well as low-income community members which documents the impact of hunger in the community and a plan for addressing this hunger through a collective impact approach.
- Recruiting, managing, and training community volunteers to participate in identified activities.
- Collecting data and reporting on the coalition’s progress.
This is a one year, full-time position. The anticipated start date is August 2018. This is a stipend volunteer position with AmeriCorps-Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA). Learn more at https://www.vistacampus.gov/.
If you are interested in this position, please read the full job description then submit your resume using the link below.
Important: You will need to register with AmeriCorps to begin the application process.