There’s so much happening with FASWVA this holiday season! Check out some of the great events we have coming up:
- NOVEMBER 1 – DECEMBER 18 –
- FASWVA’s annual “Holidays from the Heart” campaign to encourage Southwest Virginia residents to host a food or fund drive for the holiday season. “Open your heart and let the miracle begin with a gift from within.”
- WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 15 – TUESDAY, DECEMBER 19 — Food Lion Feeds “Holidays Without Hunger” Box Campaign
- Customers may purchase and donate specially-marked “Holidays Without Hunger” boxes for $5 while supplies last or make cash donations at checkout. Boxes and donations benefit local area Feeding America food banks, including FASWVA.
- DECEMBER 18-22 — Shishka Mediterranean Grill & Hookah Bar and Cedars Lebanese Restaurant FASWVA donation week!
- Visit Shishka or Cedars in Roanoke during this week – both restaurants will be donating a portion of their sales to FASWVA to help our hungry neighbors.
- THROUGH SATURDAY, DECEMBER 9 – Bristol Cabela’s/BackyardBowPro/Tactacam Food Drive and Event
- Bristol Cabela’s has teamed up with BackyardBowPro and Tactacam to host a food drive for Feeding America Southwest Virginia. Individuals are asked to bring a bag of non-perishable food items to the Bristol Cabela’s store. For their donation, they will receive an entry form to win an “Ultimate Hunting Prize Package” including a muzzleloader rifle, a Tactacam, camouflage gear and more! The prize package winner will be drawn during a special event at Bristol Cabela’s on Saturday, December 9 at noon. Must be 18 years or older to enter, entrants need not be present to win.